This week we are going to focus on reinventing some of our favourite stories! Can you pick one of your favourite traditional tales such as Little Red Riding Hood, Gingerbread Man, or the Three Little Pigs, and over the week complete these tasks with a family member -
- Read the story (reading the story daily and to other members of your family will help you remember the story really well)
- Retell the story using puppets, pictures, story maps, etc and put on a show for your family
- Write the story down using simple sentences (beginning, middle and end), you could even create your own mini story book!
- Change the story. Think about a part of the story you could change such as the main character, the setting, etc and think of what you could replace it with. Maybe instead of a gingerbread man you could have a candy floss man?
- Rewrite the story to create a new version, using your new characters and settings. You could rewrite the story by creating a story map or by writing a mini-book.