This half term, we will focus on number and place value and Number (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division). Within lessons children will use their knowledge of concepts to complete varied fluency and reasoning activities to gain a deeper
In the ‘Number and Place Value’ unit, children will learn to:
- Read, write, order and compare numbers up to 10,000,000.
- Round any whole number to a required degree of accuracy.
- Use negative numbers in context.
- Solve number and practical problems.
In the unit of ‘Number’ we will learn to:
- Solve addition and subtraction multi step problems.
- Multiply using the formal written method of long multiplication.
- Divide using the formal written methods of short and long division, and interpret remainders as whole number remainders fractions, or by rounding as appropriate for the context.
- Perform mental calculations.
- Identify common factors, common multiples and prime numbers.
- Use estimation to check answers to calculations and determine in the context of a problem, an appropriate degree of accuracy.
We will complete daily arithmetic activities to support children in answering test-style questions.
Weekly times tables will be set and tested on Fridays.