DURING THE CURRENT EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
The school office is currently closed.
If you are delivering goods, collecting a pupil or there is an emergency please ring the door bell and wait for someone to come (you may need to ring more than once).
We are no longer taking telephone calls, all communications are currently through email.
Key Worker bookings, information, cancellations, changes, updates etc: Contact Dave Clay: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before and after school information, cancellations, changes, updates etc: Contact Nicola Dooher: email@example.com
For queries related to pupils working at home or for contact with teachers re support or resources, contact the teacher directly via Class Dojo.
Any other needs, including contractors, please email Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Darras Hall Primary School English Curriculum
At Darras Hall Primary School we have an engaging and inspiring English curriculum. Through high expectations, quality texts and purposeful reasons to write, children develop English skills which allow them to access the entire curriculum.
Our aim is for each child to be able to:
• read fluently and confidently
• use a range of reading strategies to build an understanding of what they have read
• enjoy reading a range of books
• acquire a wide and varied vocabulary
• identify and use a range of grammatical features and understand why they are used
• understand and apply spelling rules
• spell common exception words appropriate to their year group
•write coherently with a clear audience, purpose and form
•write neatly and legibly and take pride in their work